By Ty Jenner
On Saturday, league leaders Plymouth Argyle make the trip to Buckinghamshire as they look to continue their impressive start in League 1. In preparation for the match, we spoke to Argyle fan Ben Quirke (@BenQuirke7) on Twitter to ask some questions regarding the game. Many thanks for taking part!
- How impressed have you been at Argyle’s blistering start?
Very impressed it’s nice to see that we built on last year rather than crumble like we used to do!
- With both sides having rather contrasting starts, where do you think Argyle fans will expect to finish this season?
I think the expectation gets higher and higher after every game but I feel playoffs is realistic
- Were you happy with the clubs’ activity and business in the transfer market during the summer?
Yeah really happy to be honest some of the signings have performed above what we expected.
- How do you think your team will approach the game? Will it differ from our previous clashes? (style of play, sit back/press etc)
I think this game is going to differ from that 5-0 pumping cause we’re in a lot better form and MK have started dreadful!
- What players do you think the Dons should look out for/who will cause the Dons problems?
Depending on Who starts to be honest Whittaker and Azaz will cause massive problems but Cosgrove Ennis and Hardie have been on fire our wingbacks have been superb and our centre mids have worked their socks off all game.
- We’re expecting a huge following from Argyle making the trip to Milton Keynes, do you think the fans can influence the full time result?
Yeah massively I feel like some of the games we’ve come from behind in like Derby and Ipswich happened when the fans got loud and behind the lads same as when We beat Wednesday when we get loud the lads seem to go up a gear.
- In contrast to Plymouth’s start, MK Dons currently sit in the relegation zone after a very laboured start to the season. Where do you think the Dons will be finishing this season?
I think from what I hear this is your transition year so mid table should be minimum.
- Who do you think will be going going up/down?
Ipswich, Wednesday and Argyle seem to be the 3 teams to beat.
- Which game are you looking forward to the most this season?
Just because it’s a Derby for us Exeter away.
- If you could have any current player from the Dons who would it be and why?
I think that O’Hora is solid but wouldn’t get in 😉.
- Who or what made you support Plymouth?
I’m from Plymouth so it was the obvious choice.
- Thank you for participating, it really helps us understand our opponents and what to expect from them. Finally, what do you think the score will be?
I think we will win it 2-0 but anything can happen.