By Alfie Marlborough 

Team Lineups:

The Dons; Cumming, Lewington, O’Hora, McEachran, Smith, Grigg, Oyegoke, Johnson, Kayode, Harvie, Jules

Bristol Rovers; Belshaw, Gordon, Collins, Rossiter, Coutts, Gibson, Loft, Mccormick, Gibbons, Thomas, Coburn

Rovers had the first chance of the game when they won a free kick early on just outside the area. The Rover’s player opted to whip it in the box which was cleared out for a corner. The corner is drilled to the edge of the box Which Gibson volleys over despite a sweet connection with the ball.

Both sides struggled to get the ball down in the opening quarter of an hour with neither side creating much to threaten the goals. Two yellow cards were shown in quick succession to Collins for Rovers and Harvie for the Dons.

The visitors had another chance to take the lead just after the twenty-minute mark but the Dons’ back line stood strong and blocked two thunderous attempts at goal. Moments later, Bradley Johnson got down the right-hand side and was able to cross deep into the box, but it was too high for Grigg.

Bobby Thomas was next to go into the book just after the half hour mark after bringing Down Kayode near the corner flag. McEachran’s cross was the perfect height for Grigg who’s header goes well over.

As we headed into two minutes of additional time the Dons had a promising spell on the ball. McEachran’s free kick was cleared out to Matt Smith whose effort cannoned against the Gas’ defender. 

Half-time: 0-0

Both Sides haven’t really got going here under the lights at Stadium MK. Both sides have had a few half-chances but nothing really to write home about. As a consequence of a lack of chances, it’s all even at the break with neither side being able to find an opener.

Just a few minutes into the second and the Dons have a great chance to go ahead and by far the best chance of the evening. Daniel Harvie   locates Johnson who is left open in the box but his header goes straight into the hands of the Rovers keeper.

A big scare for the Dons as Cumming plays a pass to McEachran who is under lots of pressure. He has no choice but to chip it back Cummings’ way. Fortunately for the Keeper, he’s able to claim it back. There were some claims for a pass back, but the referee was having none of it. Not long after, Loft was able to drive forward into space before forcing Cumming into a diving save. The corner was played short to McCormick whose effort troubled the travelling supporters more so than Cumming.

Just after the hour mark, McEachran robbed the ball off a Rovers player in the middle of the park. He drove forward and was brought down but the referee waved it away. Shortly afterwards, Collins made a breakthrough the Dons defence. A last-ditch tackle from Jules gave the visitors a free-kick on the edge of the box. The shot took a deflection went out for a corner which came to nothing.

A good spell for the visitors forced Jamie Cumming into a spectacular save to deny the visitors an opener. The headed effort was destined for the top corner but Cumming at full stretch was able to get a hand to it. 

The visitors were given a golden opportunity to take the lead after Evans was tripped in the box. Antony Evans stepped up to take before sending Cumming the wrong way and giving the Gas the lead. 0-1 Rovers.

Lewington was next to give a cheap chance away after a poor headed clearance landed to Loft who had a clear shot at goal but got it all wrong and Hit it well over.

Full-Time:  0-1 

Another dreadful performance from the Dons as we lose another game with only ourselves to blame. No signs of improvement or passion from the players – Something has to change. 

Next up we play top of the league Plymouth at Stadium MK which has the potential to be a very ugly afternoon for the Dons.

Previous Story


Next Story