By Ty Jenner
In the lead-up to Tuesday night’s League One clash, we spoke to Bolton Wanderers fan Peter Ward to preview the big clash at Stadium MK in our latest edition of Trash Talk.
1. Are you happy with Bolton’s start to the season?
Hasn’t been the worst start, some tricky fixtures in there. All in all, I’d have taken the current points total from those games before the season started.
2. Now that the transfer window has closed, what are your thoughts on the transfer window for your team?
For me we desperately needed a destroyer in MF and probably a more prolific striker. Conor Bradley from Liverpool has been a gem so far though.
3. Based on the start of the season, where do you think Wanderers will finish at the end of the season?
Dont think we will have the quality to finish in the playoffs… anywhere 7-12th.
4. What style of play can the Dons expect from Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night, a high press or tightly knit defence and hit on the break?
We will try to dictate the pace of the game and control majority of possession… usually leading to sloppy mistakes at the back and gifting chances.
5. Will the expectations be to get into the play offs, or do you think that Bolton can aim higher up the table?
I don’t think we have the quality as it stands to be competing for play offs… if we are in touching distance come January and can add quality in the window then every chance…. zero chance of autos in my opinion.
6. Which Wanderers players should we watch out for on Tuesday?
Conor Bradley, Aaron Morley, and Dapo. Although Evatt does enjoy an unnecessary rotation of key players.
7. The Dons have had a laboured start to the season. Where do you think the Dons will finish at the end of the season?
I predict in and around the same position we will be in anywhere from 6-10th place.
8. Have you been to Stadium MK before? What are your thoughts on the ground?
I have but not watching Bolton. Typical of most modern stadiums, nice but a bit lifeless. Too smart for LG1
9. If you could have any current Dons player, who would it be?
10. Who or what made you support Bolton Wanderers?
Grew up there, most my friends were Bolton fans, just seemed the right choice… it wasn’t.
11. Which game/s are you most looking forward to this season?
Exeter away – Bank Holiday weekend.
12. What has been your most cherished memory involving Bolton Wanderers so far?
Football wise, it must be watching us away from home in Europe… the 2-2 away draw at Bayern Munich probably tops the list.
13. Thank you for participating, it really helps us understand our opponents and what to expect from them. Finally, what do you think the score will be?
My heart says 2-1 Bolton. Head says be happy with a point… score draw 1-1.