Just to let you know there will be no League 1 Round Up at the weekend as its the 1st Round of the FA Cup with us away to Eastleigh, but we will be doing an FA Cup Special Preview on our fixture plus the usual Match Report by Martin Atherton after the game.

While we were away to Northampton at Sixfields trying to get the monkey off our back there was a full round of fixtures in the League 1 campaign with the exception of Hull v Accrington which was called off with the Stanley players still self-isolating after 19 players and staff tested positive for Covid.

Shrewsbury 1 Burton 1

Both teams had to settle for a point which was probably not ideal with both in the bottom four searching for points. Kane Hemmings on the hour set Burton on the road and Albion must have thought they had won it, especially as the Shrews had lost four on the bounce, and then up popped Daniel Udoh to snatch a draw in the 9th minute of injury time.  

Bristol Rovers 0 Peterborough 2

Peterborough went to the top of the table for the first time this season with goals from Jack Taylor just before the break and Dan Butler just after the hour, that’s 13 points out of a possible 15 for Posh.

Blackpool 1 Wigan 0

The problems mount up for Wigan as they are now bottom of the league table and on a bad run of three defeats in a row. Sullay Kaikai made it two wins in a row for Pool with the only goal of the game just after half time.

Charlton 3 Fleetwood 2

Charlton made it 6 straight wins with a superb game at the Valley. Ben Purrington got Athletic off to the perfect start after just two minutes and Connor Washington doubled the lead on the half hour mark, but 3 minutes later the teams were all square with two goals in a minute by Ched Evans. Charlton though stunned, composed themselves and took all three points with Washington converting from the spot.

Crewe 0 Gillingham 1

The Gills finally stopped the rot after four straight defeats by winning on the road at Crewe, big John Akinde scoring the only goal of the game with a thumping header just three minutes after he came on as a sub.

Lincoln 1 Portsmouth 3

Pompey are my team of the day and are fast becoming the team to fear on the road with a superb 3-1 win at Lincoln making it five in a row away from home  and it was that man John Marquis (pictured above) that did the damage with two goals, with Ronan Curtis increasing the pain for the Imps, Tom Hopper grabbing a consolation for the home team.

Oxford 3 Rochdale 1

It was a welcome win for Oxford to lift them off the bottom of the table, Elliot Moore scoring twice for the Karl Robinson side. Matty Lund pulled one back from the spot for the Dale but with them pressing for the equaliser up stepped Olamide Shodipo just two minutes after coming on to put the game to bed.

Plymouth 4 Swindon 2

Plymouth stuck four past the Swindon defence to leave the Robins teetering outside the relegation spots. Plymouth raced into a two-goal lead within 7 mins, Luke Jephcott and Joe Edwards the scorers, but Swindon pulled one back just four minutes later with Hallam Hope scoring and then drew level through skipper Anthony Grant. Jephcott scored again to regain the lead for the Pilgrims and things went from bad to worse for Swindon with Jonny Smith getting his second yellow on the stroke of half time. Yet another super sub put the game to bed in the final minutes, Conor Grant scoring the goal of the game from a 25-yard freekick.

Sunderland 2 Ipswich 1

Charlie Wyke got the Black Cats off and running in the 8th minute, and Jack Lankester pulled things back level for the Tractor Boys. Ipswich were looking the more likely team to win until Andre Dozzell got his marching orders for a reckless tackle with 20 minutes to go, but It took a dubious penalty to give Sunderland the points after the ball struck an arm in the box, Grant Leadbitter making no mistake from the spot.

AFCW 2 Doncaster 2

In the final game of the day Doncaster got a late equaliser against them lot at the Meccano Stadium, the dangerous Joe Piggot scoring twice for AFCW, Matt Smith for Rovers and James Coppinger recording the hammer blow in stoppage time.

Previous Story


Next Story