The BOBcat Digital Match Report MK Dons 1 Oxford United 1

By The MKDSA Media Team

The match report is brought to you by BOBcat Digital.

The Dons came away with a point in a reasonably entertaining but equally frustraiting draw at StadiumMK today and are still yet to win at home in League One on a Saturday this season.

With an unchanged squad from the win over Bristol Rovers the Dons set about the Yellows goal from pretty much the off with Leko torturing yet another left sided defender firstly with a shot on three minutes and then a run that had the number three turned inside out, on twelve minutes the defender blinked first and late challenge saw him carded.

The Dons were getting a lot of joy down their right and a couple of chances went begging after good work from Leko and Watson with probably the clearest of chances falling to Maghoma but all were wasted.

The visitors had their first real chance on 17 minutes but Cumming was up to the task, the Dons countered in quick fashion on twenty-one and twenty-three minutes with both wingers threatening unsuccessfully to break the deadlock.

In the twenty-sixth minute the Dons struck first, Eisa linked with Kaikai and as he tricked his way into the box he unleashed a low curler into the bottom right corner of the Oxford goal for his first strike for the Dons.

Oxford came straight back the Dons and put the first real sustained pressure on the home side, but without any real trouble for Cumming to deal with and with Eisa sending his effort wide the Dons last chance of the first half went begging.

HT 1-0

The second half started fairly quietly but just after fifity minutes came another golden chance to go two ahead and put some daylight between the sides, Eisa wasted his opportunity.

Maghoma went into the book and so did Brannagan for the Yellows, and when Maghoma fouled again StadiumMK held its coolective breath and it was clear to all he had no more lives to burn, surely a substitution was not far away?

The first changes for the home side were made on sixty-six minutes but Maghoma stayed, many were surprised as Leko went off with the usual early bath for McEachran as Johnson and Dean came on.

Oxford pressure was building and on seventy minutes Lewis Bate found a way to beat Cumming. In the remaining twenty minutes Oxford grew in confidence and threatened more and more to clear their lines for any extended period as it seemed more a matter of when not if that Oxford would steal all the points.

To their credit the Dons showed resilience as they did last week and a switch of Lawrence for Watson said the Dons were looking to bolster their defensive line as a priority as Oxford were getting more joy down the Dons righthand side.

With ten to go the Dons last roll of the dice showed Jackson might be looking to take all three points with Grant and Grigg coming on for Maghoma and Eisa but to no avail. If anything the away side looked more likely to take the points down the A421.

Simply the tale of the season was repeated today, we get chances but squander them to leave our opponents in with a chance of robbing the points. We definitely have looked more solid at the back under Jackson than previously.

FT 1-1

We now face three promotion or title chasing sides in the next three so lets see if Jackson’s Dons can counter or defeat a more proactive and attack minded sides.

Previous Story

Final Score in MK and its MK Dons 1 Oxford 1

Next Story

Face to Face with Grace, Oxford United