The BOBcat Digital Match Report: Lincoln City

By Alfie Marlborough

Match Report – Lincoln City

Despite the Dons’ dominance, a lack of quality in the final third means the Dons can only pick up a single point against Lincoln City in a scoreless draw.

The Dons looked promising early on in the game and looked to start the game quickly. Louie Barry gained possession down the right hand side but his cross did not threaten the Imps’ defence who were quick to clear their lines. Minutes later, McEachran played an excellent through ball to Holland who drove towards former Don Regan Poole before cutting in on his right and unleashing a curling effort which flew just past the far post.

The Dons looked very comfortable in defence in the opening stages of the game and remained calm and composed despite a flurry of corners for the visitors. Jack Tucker then made an excellent block to deny Teddy Bishop a shot on goal which led to a corner for the visitors who had the ball in the back of the net after a scramble in the six yard box but the linesman’s raised flag meant the game remained level heading towards the half hour mark.

Dons captain Warren O’Hora required treatment following an awkward landing after an aerial battle with a Lincoln player. The defender wanted to continue despite limping gingerly before falling to the floor again which confirmed the end of his afternoon. Zak Jules came on in place of the Irishman.

Jamie Cumming had very little to do in the first half but dealt with the only attempt that came his way. Jack Diamond let fly from twenty yards out but the effort was struck straight down the goalkeepers throat who claimed it with ease.


The Imps began the second half quickly and forced Jamie Cumming into a diving save. Jack Diamond was played in by Bishop before firing low but the effort was met by Jamie Cumming who was at full stretch.

Shortly before the hour, Matt Dennis was just inches away from giving the Dons the lead. The ball was excellent to Eisa who had the goal in his sights but decided to not be selfish and crossed the ball across the face of goal but it was too quick for Dennis who was unable to connect with the ball from a couple of yards away from the goal.

The Dons then had penalty appeals waved away when Mo Eisa was shoved in the back but referee Benjamin Speedie was not having any of it and waved on play. From the corner that followed, Eisa was on the end of Josh McEachran’s cross but his header ended up over and did not threaten the Lincoln goal.

The Dons continued to pile on the pressure in the final few minutes of the game when Watson dribbled past his man before crossing into Dennis but his powerful shot was claimed by the Imps’ goalkeeper.


Despite the Dons’ dominance, Lincoln held their own well to ensure they left Buckinghamshire with a point. With that said, the Dons were decent but clearly are lacking in the final third which leaves us all crossing our fingers that Jonathan Leko can help change the Dons’ fortune in front of goal.

Next up, we travel to Nailsworth to take on Forest Green Rovers in a real six-pointer which could see new signing Jonathan Leko make his debut for the Dons!

Previous Story

Final Score                             MK Dons 0 Lincoln 0

Paynes Player Ratings
Next Story

Payne's Player Ratings