Leicester By Numbers

By Alfie Marlborough

In the new look By Numbers feature Alfie now delivers what he promised us he could. An upgrade on The Tea Boy’s version. Nice one Alfie

The Dons hosted Premier League side Leicester City in the Carabao Cup Round Of Sixteen on Tuesday night in front of a bumper crowd at Stadium MK.

The massive gap in quality between the two sides was clear to be seen and any potential ‘Cupset’ was put to bed and ruled out by a strong Leicester squad.

The Foxes dominated the ball and had 73% of the ball leaving the Dons with just 27% and very little to create any real chances with. The side from Leicestershire had over Four Times the shots the Dons were able to have with 18 compared to just Four for the Dons.

The story of the Dons’ season continued with the hosts having no shots on target leaving Welsh international Danny Ward untroubled all evening. It was the opposite for the visitors who managed to get eight shots on target and seven off target.

The Foxes had Ten corners whereas the Dons only had one – reinforcing the Foxes dominance.

The Dons managed just a measly 192 passes with an accuracy of just 69% whereas Leicester had an incredible 654 passes with an accuracy of 89%.

Tennai Watson won the most duels in the game with 8 despite only playing for an hour. 

It’s fair to say, the Foxes dominated the game and were worthy of their win and deservedly have their spot secured in the Quarter Final of the Carabao Cup.

Previous Story

Foodbank Donation Update

Next Story

MKDSA World Cup Sweepstake Winners