This week we are pleased to have a celebrity Trash Talker, 65-year-old Bill Turnbull formerly of BBC Breakfast TV and a former Strictly Come Dancing contestant answering the questions. Bill is a familiar figure around the Wanderers and often champions the Chairboys to anyone that cares to listen.
Thanks Bill…we wish you all the best, and hope you are feeling better following your cancer diagnosis.
1. Are you happy with your transfer business and is there anything you would change?
I think we’ve done pretty well, really. Sam Vokes was a great investment from Stoke, just the sort of strong presence we need up front. We’ve also signed a clutch of young players who may have a lot of promise.
2. What are your thoughts on your start to the season so far?
Fourteen points from seven games is a great start for any side. We have a really strong squad this season. Two years ago, we barely had enough players to form a side. Exciting times.
3. It’s still very early in the season but which opposition team/player has impressed you the most so far?
Sunderland look pretty powerful. They sorted us out at the Stadium of Light a couple of weeks ago. It could be their time to start climbing back up.
4. How does it feel being back in grounds after so long away?
Sadly, I haven’t been able to get to a game yet myself. But football just isn’t the same without fans, is it?
5. Do you have trust in your current manager?
Gareth Ainsworth walked through the doors of Adams Park as a player in 2009. He’s been manager for nine years. He kept us in the Football League. He took us to the Championship. And he’s a diamond geezer. Need I say more?
6. Who do you think we should be looking out for as a major influence on the game?
Our wingers Daryl Horgan and Gareth McLeary are on fire right now. Because of his hairstyle, the Charlton fans on Saturday called Gareth “a sh*t Ivan Toney”, and he scored two goals against them. So, feel free to keep it coming!
7. Which MK Dons player do you fear the most or see as a game changer?
Editor – Bill never answered this one ….so read into that what you will.
8. Have you ever been to Stadium MK, if so what’s your impression of it?
Good stadium, not great memories. I forgot my tickets last time I went, so I had to buy two more when I got there. While I was doing that, I got crapped on by a pigeon – and then discovered that the bars had closed! I think we drew 2-2.
9. What style of football can we expect to see from your team?
Thanks to the Gaffer’s musical connection, we like to call it rock n’ roll football. But if we’re winning one-nil at the end, the needle might get stuck in the groove a bit…
10. Who already looks to you to be a title contender, a relegation candidate, and a team that is a bit of a dark horse this season?
It’s still very early, but Sunderland for the title. I worry for Ipswich down the other end. I hope and expect the Chairboys to go up.
11. Finally can we have your prediction for the game?
Wycombe to win the match.